Happy New Year Everyone!
So excited for 2017! And putting together a list of all the projects I want to make this year. I've already finished a few things - A Pink Tweed Pencil skirt to coordinate with my pink & purple Sweater, a pair of navy blue trousers and I'm now working on a green silk blouse which is my prototype for a fushia silk blouse that will coordinate with my pink tweed pencil skirt.
I would also like to finish my Chanel style jacket. Emma gave me the fabric for this when she was 8 and now she is 13. Hmmm, I think it's about time. And, on a personal note, I would also like more time with my dear friends, while we craft, eat and drink together.
One thing I do every year is put together a Vision Board. It's important to me to do this for many reasons. I do this in lieu of resolutions because it really gives me an overview of what I want my life to look like. Also, I look at it EVERY DAY. My Vision Board from last year sits on my desk and stares at me when I'm on my computer. It's a constant reminder of what really feeds my soul.
Not to mention, that it's a great thing to do with friends! My dear friend Heidi Bennett is a life coach and she's been leading vision board classes for the last few years at my shop. We have so much fun together, imagining how we want our lives to look. Heidi is great at facilitating this project and leading her students (Moi! + more) in productive and meaningful directions. And have I mentioned that majority of what goes onto my vision board actually materializes. Sometimes right away and sometimes later on, but if it's right for me, it comes my way. The power of visualization and attraction all at once.
Here are Heidi's top 5 reasons to have a VISION BOARD:
1) Camaraderie - The joy of getting together with a small group of friendly folks and sharing your stories is one of the top reasons people love coming to (vision board) camp.
2) Your VISION BOARD is your NORTH STAR - Because you've designed your board based on your values, passions, dreams and goals, it becomes a powerful visualization toot / work of art, that helps guide you through the rest of your year.
3) Work with a Professional Life Coach - Your host for the day, Creative Life Coach Heidi Bennett, provides a safe, supportive and relaxed environment. She'll be happy to coach you around any fears or reservations that you may come up with during your visualization process.
4) Hours of Crafting Fun! - Coach Heidi has chosen magazines filled with exotic locations, interior design and fun filled images along with beautiful paper pads, stickers and all the supplies to stoke your imagination. Guaranteeing hours of care-free crafting fun.
5) Creating in Community is an Act of SELF CARE - Start the year off on the right foot by enjoying the creative process in a supportive environment. This is truly a self loving act, because you're giving yourself the gift of time, pondering, laughing, crafting. Ease into the new year NOT with daunting list of to-dos/resolutions but with a gorgeous collage of your favorite people/ places/ phrases/ colors all reminding you of the beauty and possibility that life has to offer.
I feel very lucky to be able to host her class once again this Sunday at The Sewing Room. You can sign up for this class by clicking on the button in this blog post. I'll be there along with Heidi AND my best friend Angie. So excited and hope to see you there too.